Subject: Re: Digital Video....
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 09:31:21 -0500

>
>
>With all this talk of video equipment, I thought this might be a good 
>time to ask if anyone knows what is happening with the rumored Digital 
>Video Tape format?
>
>This is the video equivalent to DAT but the last I heard, Sony had the 
>equipment perfected and on the market overseas, but American release was 
>being held because Hollywood is scared shitless that a lossless video 
>tape format would make piracy much more prominent and they wanted Sony to 
>develop some sort of built-in protection that would prevent duplication 
>of any commercial video.
>
>Someone posted some basic info on the Video Toaster mailing list about 
>the new 3-CCD Digital Sony camera that uses 6mm tapes for only $3,800...
>I need to purchase some new higher-quality editing equipment, but if DVT 
>is just around the corner, then I'll wait!
>
>
>                                     -David Warner

There's a review of the new Sony VX1000 Digital camera in the Jan
'96 issue of Video Toaster User, David, and that article will also
appear in a new Quarterly from AMG called "REC." and that same
article will shortly appear on AMG's web site (http://www.portal.com/~amg)
as soon as I finish the REC. pages which will happen as soon as
AMG gives me the rest of the stuff to glue them together. So
stay tooned.

Harv                                       |  "Do you recognize the
[email-masked]                        |  Bell of Truth when you
http://www.portal.com/~harv                |  hear it ring?"
[email-masked] <--- Newton mail only!   |  - Leon Russell